New Student Checklist
- Apply for your GI BILL benefits with the VA: http://www.benefits.va.gov/.
- Apply for admission
- Communicate with your campus Veteran Certifying Official
Request for Enrollment Certification
In order to use your GI BILL at a USC Palmetto College Campus please complete the VA Request for Enrollment Certification Form and submit to the Veteran Certifying Official in the Financial Aid Office.
GI BILL Benefits
*GI Bill is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
The GI BILL is a group of benefits available to veterans, service members, and immediate family members. For a complete explanation of GI BILL benefits go to http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill or call (888) 442-4551. The following is a current list of GI BILL benefits:
- Post 9/11 GI BILL—Chapter 33
- Montgomery GI BILL for Active Duty (MGIB-AD)—Chapter 30
- Montgomery GI BILL for Selected Reserves (MGIB-SR)—Chapter 1606
- Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP)—Chapter 1607
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E)—Chapter 31
- Dependent Education Assistance Program (DEAP)—Chapter 35
- Yellow Ribbon Program
Education Benefits are available to enlisted South Carolina National Guard service members.
The South Carolina National Guard College Assistance Program (CAP) is administered by the SC Commission on Higher Education and may be awarded to qualified members of the South Carolina National Guard.