This program is offered in partnership through USC Aiken, one of USC’s senior comprehensive campuses.
- critical thinking
- written and oral communication
- quantitative literacy
- analyzing, synthesizing, evaluating information
- problem solving
- civic knowledge and engagement
- intercultural knowledge and competence
- ethical reasoning and action
- foundations and skills for lifelong learning
Graduates with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology enter careers in diverse areas such as counseling, community mental health, research, marketing, management, corrections, social work, business, and education. Many B.S. graduates choose to further their studies in graduate programs related to clinical, counseling, school, or experimental psychology.
Prerequisites & Requirements
To be eligible for this program, students must have the following:
- Total Credit Hours Earned: 45-60
- Overall GPA: 2.0
- Recommended completion of the following courses:
- Composition and Literature
- Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communication
- Natural Science with a Lab
- A Social/Behavioral Science course
- Humanities course
- World Civilization
- American Government or American History
Students who have not completed these requirements can do so at any of our Palmetto College campuses statewide, or at any technical college. To find out if you are qualified to apply for this program, please contact a Palmetto College advisor.
ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
Total requirements for this degree: 120 hours
GPA: 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
Students taking a full-time course load can potentially complete this degree in 2 years if they have at least 60 degree applicable transfer hours.