Math Placement Exam
This test must be completed prior to your chosen Orientation date to ensure the completion of your course registration. The test will take ninety minutes. It must be completed on an individual basis. Calculators are not allowed. We recommend that all students take the practice test prior to the actual test. Only accepted students are eligible to take the Math Placement Test.
- Follow the instructions for multifactor authentication.
- Go to https://my.sc.edu/vipid to set your VIP ID Password for Self Service Carolina (SSC), the University's system for secure, personal access to University data. You received your VIP ID and USC ID needed to set your VIP ID Password in your acceptance letter. Questions regarding your University of South Carolina VIP ID and Password should be directed to the USC Lancaster Admissions Office at (803) 313-7073.
- Go to https://my.sc.edu and scroll down to Personal and click on “View my IDs and manage my passwords". You will be prompted to enter your VIP ID and Password and complete multifactor authentication (see step one to complete that process). Your USC Network Username will be displayed. You will need to set an additional password." USC Lancaster encourages you to set your VIP ID Password and your USC Network Username/Email Password the same. Questions regarding your University of South Carolina username and password should be directed to the USC Helpdesk in Columbia at (803) 777-1800.
- Access the math practice test here.
- Access the math placement test here.
Results will be posted on Self-Service Carolina within three (3) business days. If the results are not posted, please email Dr. Alhaddad.
Foreign Language Placement Exam
Foreign Language Placement Exams in French, German, Russian or Spanish are given on the USC Lancaster campus at several scheduled times throughout the year. While specific dates change from year to year, the general times are traditionally the following:
- Foreign Language Placement Exam here.
- January New Student Orientation (first week of January)
- During Freshman Orientation sessions in June, July, and August
These are usually administered in a computer lab on the second floor of Hubbard Hall.
- At other times when scheduled with Mrs. Pam Ellis in the Office of Academic and Student Affairs, Starr Hall 126.