- Please plan to stay for your entire presentation session, taking only short breaks if needed.
- As the event date approaches, you will receive your location information via email.
- All medical scholars will present in Columbia Ballrooms A and B (Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center upper level).
Hanging your poster
If you will be presenting a poster at Discover USC, you do not need to bring anything (tacks, tape, etc.) to hang your poster. Four t-pins will be in place at your poster slot when you arrive. Please use the t-pins to fasten your poster to the board for the duration of your presentation, then leave them in the board for the next presenter or for the clean-up crew.
Content of medical scholar poster presentations is up to the presenter. For some competitive awards, medical scholar poster presentations might have to satisfy certain requirements, so please be sure to check and conform to any applicable guidelines.
- The recommended poster size is four feet high by 3.5 feet wide. These dimensions will allow a good fit on the poster boards.
- We understand that some presenters might need to re-use their posters at other conferences
with different dimension requirements. To accommodate this, presenters may size their
posters to fit within our minimum and maximum requirements.
- Posters must be a minimum of two feet by three feet (oriented horizontally or vertically.
- The maximum allowable size is four feet by four feet (the outer vertical edge will curl around the display board if the poster is four-feet wide).
- We recommend that USC Medical Scholars have posters printed at the USC School of Medicine's Instrument Resource Facility (2020 IRF Printing Guidelines [pdf]) or at USC Printing Services.
- We recommend having posters printed on vinyl or fabric, rather than paper.
On presentation day, Columbia Ballrooms A and B will open 30 minutes prior to the beginning of your session and displays must be up by the start time. If you are unable to attend your presentation due to an unforeseen circumstance, please make every effort to have a colleague, mentor or coinvestigator present in your place, and immediately notify Rebecca Marigliano (Rebecca.Marigliano@PrismaHealth.org; 803-434-6365) of the change.