A Message to Students on Safety
It has been a difficult week. Please know that your safety and well-being is our number one concern.
Our counseling center has regular Sunday hours from 2-8 p.m. for drop-in sessions and throughout the week 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. You can also reach 24/7 counseling services by calling 803-777-5223. If you feel in danger call 911 or the USC Police Department at 803-777-4215.
As you make plans for the weekend:
- Remember the tenets of Stand Up Carolina:
- be aware of your surroundings,
- look out for one another,
- be active bystanders.
- Travel in groups, stay together and stay in well lit areas.
- Leaving Five Points, make use of the USC shuttles to make sure you get home safely.
- Only get in shuttles, taxis or rideshares at the designated pickup zone. It is patrolled by Columbia and USC police officers.
- Exercise best practices when using services like Uber and Lyft: look for clearly marked vehicles that match the description and license plate number in your app and always ask the driver who he or she is there to pick up before opening the door.
- If you have not already done so, download the RAVE Guardian safety app, set up your profile and learn how to use it.
We care about you and are here for you.
Look out for one another Gamecocks,
Harris Pastides, President
Luke Rankin, Student Body President