All buildings on campus have wired network access. The wired network is secure and requires that computer operating system updates are current and that antivirus software is installed and updated.
- Secure access
- Available in all buildings
- Must know your Network Username and password
- Must have a Cat6 Ethernet cable
- Computers must have the latest operating system updates
- Windows users, go to the Microsoft Update site.
- Mac users, click on the Apple on your menu bar, and select Software Update.
- All computers connected to the network must have antivirus software installed and updated. Symantec Endpoint Protection is available at no charge for all faculty and staff from my.sc.edu.
- Know your Network Username and password.
- Connect your Ethernet cable to your computer.
- Log in when prompted.
- Contact the UTS Service Desk for assistance or to request a new data jack installation.
- Network Guidelines for Responsible Computing
- IT 1.06 Acceptable Use of Information Technology
- IT 3.00 Information Technology
- Network access is covered by the Network Services Rate paid by each office, college, or department.
- Costs for other services vary. Please contact the UTS Service Desk for more information.