Video conferencing and telepresence offers an excellent way to connect and interact with colleagues while saving, time, money, and resources. A video conference allows live, interactive broadcast of meetings and events to remote sites, while telepresence technologies provides a lifelike virtual meeting experience for remote participants who feel as though they are sitting in the same room.
- Supports multiple conferencing standards – H323 and SIP.
- Ability to setup custom virtual meeting rooms for multi-point telepresence.
- Schedulable video meetings that can automatically dial participants.
- Easily dial across the university without having to memorize dial strings using the address book. Please note this is for point-to-point calling only; virtual meeting rooms are not listed
- Multiple software clients available, including PC, Mac, IPhone/IPad, and Android. After logging in with your Network Username and password, you can take full advantage of the features of the enterprise video deployment using the software client.
- Schedule multipoint meetings or use the web client with a virtual meeting room to allow users to connect with only a browser.
- Complete infrastructure maintained and supported by UTS so you can get the most out of your telepresence unit. Our services include, but are not limited to, software provisioning, scheduling, configuration, gatekeeper services that enable call routing to the outside world natively, security/encryption, and much more.
- Polycom video unit or computer with webcam.
- Contact the UTS Service Desk.