As a prerequisite to install the Client Deploy Tool, ensure that you have a BigFix client installed on the target computers. The Fixlet is relevant if the BigFix client is installed, while the console is not. The Client Deploy Tool and the console are mutually exclusive. If the console is installed, the Client Deploy Tool is already installed under the same console directory.
To install the Client Deploy Tool from the BigFix console by running a Fixlet, perform the following steps:
- Log in to the BigFix console.
- Open the Fixlets and Tasks icon in the Domain Panel.
- In the search bar, enter Client Deploy Tool.
- Select the Fixlet named Install/Update IBM BigFix Client Deploy Tool (Version X).
- Click Take Action.
- Select the target computers on which you want to perform the installation. Typically, a BigFix server or one or more relays.
- Click OK. Verify the status of the Fixlet.
Note: By running the Fixlet named Uninstall Client Deploy Tool, you can remove the Client Deploy Tool installations.
After performing the Client Deploy Tool installation, you can use the tool to deploy the target computers as described in Deploying clients from the console.