Over the next few months, all employee email, calendar and contacts will be moved to the Microsoft Office 365 cloud. The move will combine our student, faculty and staff emails in a single system, allowing for better collaboration between students and employees. After employee email is moved to the cloud:
- Students and employees will be able to use online calendars to schedule meetings or free/busy search. Currently, employees cannot busy search a student's calendar and vice-versa.
- There will be a common address book for everyone. Employees can easily locate the email address of students.
- Our email environment will be more secure. Employee email information is currently stored on physical servers in the university data center. Moving accounts to the cloud will reduce the risk of lost data due to natural disasters, etc.
- Employees will continue to be able to access email from the Outlook icon on their computer or on a mobile device. In addition, it can be accessed via the web.
- Employees will have larger mailbox sizes after the move (50 GB) and better integration with many of the services offered in Office 365, including Skype and OneDrive.