University Technology Services (UTS) launched a new self-service website on October 17, 2016 to allow customers to easily request technology assistance online. The website enables UTS to provide more efficient service by:
- Reducing customer wait times by allowing up-front data gathering at the time of the request
- Routing requests/tickets to the correct support teams faster, which resolves needs sooner
- Allowing customers to check the status of tickets and remain informed of progress
- Improving search of knowledge articles to find solutions on topics of interest prior to requesting service
- Providing quick links to the most frequently requested items and services
- A to Z sorting of items to help customers find what they are looking for faster
- Improved Search feature to help you find what you need
- A professional and aesthetically pleasing user interface
UofSC students, faculty and staff can use the self-service website to report technology problems, ask questions, or request services. The UTS Service Desk will remain an option for those who wish to speak to someone directly.
For a demonstration of the new features, view the Self-Service Website training guide.
We look forward to serving you and hope you enjoy the improvements to our Service Desk and support structure.