University Technology Services will upgrade Adobe Connect to version 9.5 on Friday, May 13 beginning at 4 p.m. The upgrade should take approximately six hours. The service will be unavailable during the upgrade.
Some enhancements users can expect following the upgrade include:
- Offline Recordings in MP4 format - Users now have the option of saving recorded meeting as .mp4 files.
- New Meeting Connection Status Icon - There is a new icon for showing the meeting connection status. The icon is on the top right corner of your meeting room and they depict the condition of the available meeting connection.
- Hide Whiteboard Tool Bar - Presenters now have the ability to hide the whiteboardtoolbar to fully utilize the available area.
- Whiteboard Export Option for Participants - Hosts can now provide options for participants to export thewhiteboard by enabling it in the preferences menu.
- Support for HTML content - Connect users will now be able to share additional content type – Captivate and Presenter content published as HTML.
- New Logo - There is a brand new logo for Adobe Connect in this release.
If you have any questions, please contact the Service Desk at (803) 777-1800.