Because of the limited space available for table tent advertising, and to ensure that they are effective and not cluttered, the following policy will apply.
Any registered campus organization may apply for table tent space. Thomas Cooper will accept these reservations at any time of the year with the exception of winter and spring break. For reservations, please contact Special Projects at 777-1952 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only registered campus organizations may apply for reservations.
- Table tents must promote university related activities or efforts.
- Requests for promotions of political campaigns will not be accepted.
- No advertising for restaurants, gambling, or illegal activities.
- A copy of the proposed table tent must be approved by the library before they are placed.
- Thomas Cooper Library reserves the right to deny a request for any table tent.
- Any requests denied, or content that does not fulfill these guidelines may be placed on the information board on the Main floor. (This board is cleared every Monday morning.)
- To make reservations please fully complete the attached form.
- Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance and are recognized on a first come, first served basis.
- Thomas Cooper Library can accommodate only one table tent campaign per week.
- When making reservations please have at least one back up date in mind.
- Campus organizations may utilize table tents at Thomas Cooper Library for one-week periods once a semester.
- If your request cannot be honored you may elect to be put on a waiting list for your proposed dates.
- Thomas Cooper Library reserves the right to deny any reservations.
- All table tents will be three-sided and sit horizontally on the tables so as to ensure that they do not get knocked over or destroyed.
- Other designs must be approved by the library.
- Organizations are expected to provide all table tents, pre-folded, and ready to be placed.
- Thick, heavy-duty paper is suggested.
- Thomas Cooper reserves the right to throw away any table tents that are defaced, or destroyed. It is then the responsibility of the organization to provide any replacements.
- Table tents may be distributed no earlier than the first day of your reserved week.
- Organizations must remove table tents on the last day of their assigned week. Any left-over table tents will be discarded by library staff.
- Table tents may only be placed at large, group tables. They are not permitted in single-person study areas (computer stations, study carrels, etc.).
- Suggested table tents placements:
- Mezzanine Level – 5
- Main Level – 25
- Fifth Floor – 5
- Fourth Floor – 5
- Third Floor – 5
- Second Floor – 5
- First Floor – 10
There will be a $50.00 charge for non-compliance of these guidelines.
Thomas Cooper is not responsible for the destruction or defacing of table tents. Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in the forfeiture of table tent use for the rest of the academic school year, and may also incur a $50.00 charge.
Other areas for advertising within Thomas Cooper Library.
- Information board on the Main Floor near Cooper’s Corner. (This board is cleared every Monday morning.)