Skip to Content

Undergraduate Admissions Admitted Students

USC System Transfer Q & A


(Admissions Office: 803-777-7700) 

What do I need to do if I’ve already registered for courses at my current campus?

If you have registered for courses at your current campus, you will need to drop these courses before you can register for New Student Orientation for the Columbia campus. Once you have dropped your courses, let us know by contacting our office at 803-777-7700 and asking to speak with an admissions counselor.

When do I register for Columbia courses?

You will register for your courses during New Student Orientation.

How are the math and foreign language placement tests administered and used?

If you have taken the math placement tests at USC Lancaster, Salkehatchie, Sumter, or Union, you do not have to retake these tests at Columbia. If you took the placement test at USC Aiken, Beaufort, Upstate, or never took a placement test, you must take the test if you have not met your mathematics requirements. 

The math test is available online at any time. The foreign language test must be taken on campus and scheduled in advance with the Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures. Your exam scores do not affect your admission status nor will they negate previously earned credit. Please note you will not be able to register for courses that are above or below the level indicated by your score.

It is your responsibility to ensure you have math and foreign language test scores on file at USC before you register. If you have not placed into the scheduled math or foreign language course, it will be dropped from your schedule. For more information on math and foreign language placement tests visit and

Application Changes

(Admissions Office: 803-777-7700) 

I want to change my intended major. How do I do this?

Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 803-777-7700, and ask to speak with an admissions counselor. Admission into a new major is not guaranteed. Admission You’ll find all the details in the USC System Transfer section of the Admissions website.

I wish to change my intended entry term. How do I do this?

If you plan to remain at your current USC campus, and wish to be considered for a different entry term, please submit a new Change of Campus application for your intended term. If you wish to be considered for another term, but do not plan to continue enrollment at your current USC campus, call the admissions office at 803-777-7700 and ask to speak with an admissions counselor. Please note that you must meet admission requirements for the new term.


Disability Services

(Office of Disability Services: 803-777-6142/ TDD 803-777-6744)

Does USC provide disability services for its students?

Yes, the Office of Disability Services provides many different types of assistance for students with documented disabilities. You must contact the office directly to initiate services. You can e-mail them, visit their website, or call the numbers listed above. 


(University Housing: 803-777-4283)

I just called University Housing and found out on-campus housing is full. What can I do?

If on-campus housing is full, or if you prefer to live off-campus, please contact our Off-Campus Student Services office at 803-777-3366 or visit their website for information.

Tuition and Fee Payment

(Office of the Bursar: 803-777-4233)

How do I access my bill?

Assuming you have registered for your classes at New Student Orientation, your bill will be available on Self Service Carolina.


Undergraduate Admissions Admitted Students