Skip to Content

Undergraduate Admissions Admitted Students

Transfer Q & A


(Admissions Office: 803-777-7700)

How can I find out which courses transfer into the university?

The university conducts ongoing research and adds courses to the tables on a daily basis. You can access the transfer equivalency tables and the course evaluation request form by visiting this site.

When do I register for my courses?

You will register for your courses during New Student Orientation.

Are the math and foreign language placement tests required?

Students needing to take the Foreign Language Test must register in advance. The Foreign Language Placement Test is offered on campus by the Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures in the Welsh Humanities Classroom Building.

Students needing to take the Math Placement Test can do so online at From this website, students will find practice tests, online tutorials, an FAQ list and more.

Any student registering for a math course at the University of South Carolina must meet the prerequisites for the course. The prerequisites can be met either (i) by earning a C or better in an appropriate lower-level math course at USC, (ii) by receiving Advanced Placement (AP) or higher-level International Baccalaureate (IB) credits, (iii) by transfer credit from another school, or (iv) by a qualifying placement test score in the appropriate version of our math placement test. Students with no Math Placement Test code on file or who do not meet the prerequisites for a lower-level Math course will be dropped from the course. For more information on math placement testing, please visit

I intend to major in Dance. Do I need to audition?

Yes, all Dance majors must audition in order to be considered for admission into the Dance program. Please visit the Dance program website for more information.

I intend to major in Music. Do I need to audition?

Yes, all Music majors must audition in order to be considered for admission into the Music program. Please visit the School of Music website for more information.

What do I need to do after New Student Orientation?

If you are currently enrolled in college courses, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions must receive all of your final official college transcripts. Please contact the admissions office at 803-777-7700 to make sure we’ve received your final transcripts before you enroll at Carolina. Students who have not submitted all of their final transcripts will be issued a registration hold that prevents registering for any future terms until we receive the transcript(s). *Please note that the University of South Carolina reserves the right to reconsider your acceptance if it is ultimately determined that you do not meet the admission requirements for your major.


Application Changes

(Admissions Office: 803-777-7700)

I want to change my intended major. How do I do this?

Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 803-777-7700, and ask to speak with an admissions counselor. Admission into a new major is not guaranteed. Admission You’ll find all the details in the transfer section of the Admissions website.

I wish to change my intended entry term. How do I do this?

If you wish to update your application for consideration for a different entry term, call the admissions office at 803-777-7700 and ask to speak with an admissions counselor. You can update your application at no additional charge for terms that fall within one year from your original entry term request. Please note that you must meet admission requirements for the new term.


Disability Services

(Office of Disability Services: 803-777-6142/ TDD 803-777-6744) 

Does USC provide disability services for its students?

Yes, the Office of Disability Services provides many different types of assistance for students with documented disabilities. You must contact the office directly to initiate services. You can e-mail them, visit their website, or call the numbers listed above. 


Documenting South Carolina Residency

(South Carolina Residency: 803-777-4060) 

Do I still need to complete the SC Residency Certification Form if I indicated I am a South Carolina resident on my application for admission?

Students who claim legal residency for in-state tuition purposes must submit the SC Residency Certification Form to the South Carolina Residency Office. You must do this on Self Service Carolina under the “Student” tab.


(University Housing: 803-777-4283)

I just called University Housing and found out on-campus housing is full. What can I do?

If on-campus housing is full, or if you prefer to live off-campus, please contact our Off-Campus Student Services office at 803-777-3366 or visit their website for information.


(Student Health Center: 803-777-9511)

Do I have to submit the official University of South Carolina immunization record form?

Immunization records from a doctor’s office, health department, the military or a previous school may be submitted in place of the form. However, you must also submit the TB Risk Assessment form, which can be found online. All records must be verified with a healthcare provider’s signature or stamp.

May I fax my immunization form?

Yes, you may fax your completed Immunization Record Form to the Thomson Student Health Center at 803-777-3955 after you submit your immunization dates online at My Health Space. Please note you must submit your form no later than three weeks before your scheduled New Student Orientation date.

Self Service Carolina

I’m having trouble logging into my Self Service Carolina account. Whom can I call?

Please use the online instructions first. If you are still having trouble, please contact University Technology Services at 803-777-1800.

Tuition and Fee Payment

(Office of the Bursar: 803-777-4233)

How do I access my bill?

Assuming you have registered for your classes at New Student Orientation, your bill will be available on Self Service Carolina.



Undergraduate Admissions Admitted Students