The mission of the Facilities Department is to create and maintain a space for people to learn, live, work and play. Each of the comprehensive
campuses maintains its own space and facilities, but the Office of Facilities manages
all facilities design and construction projects for the eight growing campuses in
the USC System.
- Capital Planning: Maintains 5-year capital plan for all campuses. Briefs the Board of Trustees Buildings and Grounds Committee on all projects. Submits the Comprehensive Permanent Improvement Plan (CPIP) to the State of South Carolina. Maintains space management, utilization data and floor plan documentation of all buildings. Annual submission of utilization reports to the Commission on Higher Education.
- Design Consultation: Provides design and planning consultation to ensure compliance with university design guidelines and prudent historical building stewardship.
- Management and oversight: Supports every stage of capital renovations and new construction projects, from the drawing board to construction. In charge of the design, approval, bidding, award of contract, and construction phases of the project. Also coordinates annual state-funded maintenance need projects.
- Leased Space: Coordinates lease space requests and maintenance of leases and renewals.
- Operations and Maintenance: Provides specialized services on a charge back basis, including mechanical, HVAC, hazardous materials, roofing repairs, asphalt repairs and landscaping.