The Office of Academic Programs ensures that the academic programs of the university are coordinated and of high quality and that there is no unnecessary duplication. All major new programs, program closings and modifications need to be approved by the Board of Trustees and by the Commission on Higher Education and reported to the major accreditation agency, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This office works with campus leaders to ensure that academic program proposals include all necessary information and background.
The responsibility for new academic program development, curricular initiatives and
program quality assurance rests with the leadership and faculty on each campus.
- Develops, revises and terminates degree programs and courses
- Works with academic program liaisons and manages program approval flow through faculty governance, the Office of the Provost or the Office of System Planning and the Office of the President, the Board of Trustees, the SC Commission on Higher Education (CHE) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- Coordinates participation in the Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) Academic Common Market (ACM) program
- Reports to CHE and SACSCOC on program holdings, delivery methods and offering sites
- Directs the institution’s nationwide State Authorization for distance delivery education compliance efforts
- Oversees Federal Gainful Employment reporting