PART 1: Initial Application
- Log on to Symplicity and set a password.
- Search for your program of choice.
- Complete the online program application. This includes:
- Essays *
- One Faculty Recommendation *
- Submit the following hard copies together to the Study Abroad Office:
- Email confirmation that you completed the online application
- Official transcript, either in the sealed envelope from the Registrar's Office or sent directly from the Registrar to email@example.com.
- Email confirmation that you paid the $150 Study Abroad Fee
- Printout of your results after completing the online orientation (works best with Mozilla Firefox):
- Log into Blackboard and click on the "Community" tab
- On the left, under "Organization Search", type in "study abroad orientation"
- Click "Go". Blackboard will search and come back with the "Browse Organization Catalog" page. The "Study Abroad Orientation" organization will be listed under its ID of “STUDY-ABROAD-ORIEN”
- Hover over the organization ID to get the small gray action arrow to the right of the ID
- Click on the arrow, and select "Enroll"
- You will be required to add the access code to enroll. Type in the word "orientation".
PART 2: Upon Acceptance into Program
- Pay the $500 deposit by following the link given to you on your Placement Acceptance Form
- Submit the following hard copies to the Study Abroad Office:
- Placement Acceptance Form (emailed to you by a Study Abroad advisor) *
- Host Institution Forms (emailed to you by a Study Abroad advisor)
- Study Abroad Approval Form (will be given to you when you submit Part 1)
- For students who receive financial aid (including scholarships and loans), submit the following directly to the Financial Aid Office:
- Attendance of live Pre-Departure Orientation
* Does not apply to Global Direct Summer Programs.