Each year, hundreds of University of South Carolina students travel the globe to participate in study, intern, service, and research abroad opportunities. By doing so they gain a better understanding of their academic discipline within an international context, develop a greater appreciation for other cultures, and are able to approach life with a higher degree of independence and self confidence.
As part of the Study Abroad Office’s efforts to remove barriers to global education, two need-based financial award programs were developed which directly benefit students, particularly those with high financial need: The Carolina Global Study Award and the Beyond Boundaries Award. However, the need for such funding has significantly outweighed available award dollars.
With your support the Study Abroad Office is committed to providing meaningful overseas
experiences for all UofSC students. To continue providing quality services, programs,
and financial support, we ask for you to join us in this commitment.
Want to help off-set the cost of a student’s education abroad? These gifts would be most beneficial to those hoping to participate in global programs:
- $50-$100 provides travel supplies: luggage, electric outlet converters, etc.
- $150 covers the UofSC Study Abroad Office application fee
- $165 covers the fees associated with applying for a U.S. Passport
- $500 provides the student with local in-country transportation
- $1,500 - $2,000 provides round trip airfare to the student's destination
- $5,000 covers student’s housing for a semester abroad
To help make international education opportunities possible for all students regardless of their academic, personal, or financial backgrounds please consider giving to the Education Abroad Support Fund.