Contact us for academic assistance and connection to resources.
Log in to the referral system link »
If you are experiencing difficulty using the referral system, please use our Alternate Referral Form.
How do I make a referral?
Log in to the referral system using your USC username and password.
- Select "Progress Reports" for the class you would like to submit a referral for.
- A course roster will appear. Use the checkboxes to select students from your class.
- Select "Actions", followed by "Create a New Progress Report"
- Share relevant information in the referral form, then click "Submit Report."
- Repeat for additional students.
Provide as much information as possible, such as number of absences, number of missing assignments, and the student's current grade in your course.
What happens after I make a referral?
After submitting a referral, students will be directed to schedule a Success Consultation in the SSC to discuss their progress in the course and explore strategies and resources to support their academic success. The SSC also calls referred students to encourage them to connect with resources. Residence Life Coordinators also check on referred students living on-campus with an absence related referral.
When should I make a referral?
Any time during the semester, but preferably during the first four to six weeks of class. You can refer a student as many times as necessary to alert the SSC of your concern so we may connect them to resources that can help.
Problems Beyond Academics
If you have concerns about a student related to behaviors beyond academics or attendance, you may consider making appropriate referrals to: