When is Move-In?
Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - Early Arrival Move-In
Monday, August 19, 2019 - Regular Move-In Day 1
Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - Regular Move-In Day 2
Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - Gamecock Gateway Move-In
Who can help?
UofSC faculty, staff and official peer leader groups or registered student organizations.
Why should I help?
Share the excitement with new students and parents as they experience the Gamecock
spirit for the very first time. You will be creating fond memories that they will
cherish for years to come. We're expecting another large first-year student class,
so we anticipate needing at least 1,200 volunteers. UofSC undergraduate students can
enter into a raffle to win a free spot at a UofSC parking garage. These students must
volunteer a minimum of 4 hours in order to enter the raffle.
How can I help?
Your first priority is to offer every family a warm, Southern welcome. In addition, you may be asked to:
- greet new families and provide instructions or point them in the right direction as they check in
- help students and parents promptly unload their cars
- move in all of the essential first-year living supplies, including TVs, lofts, clothes and more
Do I need any specific skills or equipment?
You will not need any special training — just come with a smile on your face and a "can do" attitude (and maybe a refillable water bottle, too!). All volunteers must wear the official 2019 move-in crew t-shirt, which will be provided.
In late July or early August, you will receive an email with your official volunteer time/location assignment, instruction on how to sign the required waiver, where to pick up your t-shirt and other important details. Please be on the lookout for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to 2019 Move-In Crew
2019 brings exciting changes to move-in that may be a bit different from what returning volunteers may expect.
- Some buildings may only be slated for move-in on a specific day, not all four days.
- On regular move-in days some of our taller buildings will be divided into two days for move-in, such as even numbered floors on one day and odd numbered floors on another day.
- Some areas will be experiencing a pilot program in 2019 where volunteers will help with a new process called "Curbside Drop-Off" in an effort to make the move-in day process more efficient.
- Due to the increased number of volunteers needed, we will not be able to provide lunches to volunteers in 2019.
We recommend opening the sign up form in the browsers Firefox or Chrome.
Please note that you will automatically receive an email confirmation with the information you submitted. If you do not receive this automatic email, first check your spam and clutter filters. If you still do not receive the confirmation email, please let us know. Lack of a confirmation email likely means your information was not recorded.