This year, Student Health Services wants to make it as simple as possible for students, faculty and staff to get their flu shots. We are planning a series of mobile flu clinics around the UofSC-Columbia campus this fall.
The flu shot will be provided to students, faculty and staff with NO OUT-OF-POCKET COST. Whether a UofSC student is enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan, their parent's health plan or other qualified health insurance plan, no student will have to pay a copay or any additional cost for their flu shot. Also, faculty and staff enrolled in the State Health Plan or any other qualified health care plan will also not have any copays or additional costs for their flu shot.
To make process more efficient, students, faculty and staff are asked to bring their insurance card or upload it to MyHealthSpace prior to getting their flu shot.
Uploading Your Insurance Card to MyHealthSpace is easy. Just follow these instructions:
- Take a picture of the front and back of your insurance card
- Login to MyHealthSpace
- Click on Insurance Card on left hand side
- Upload images by clicking on Choose Front Image/Choose Back Image
- Click Save
- Click on Messages on left hand side
- Click New Message
- Check circle for I want to send a message to Insurance Card Group
- Enter policy holder/subscriber information**
**This information is whoever holds the insurance (mom, dad, guardian). Input their name, date of birth, address and phone #.
IF YOU DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR INSURANCE CARD BY THE END OF THE BUSINESS DAY ANY CHARGES INCURRED WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO YOUR BURSAR’S ACCOUNT.