FALL 2020 UPDATES TO ALTERNATIVE TESTING
Our Test Proctoring Suite is open from Monday through Thursday, 8:00AM to 6:30PM,
and Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
- Submit any Alternative Testing requests as soon as possible.
- In order to ensure that the SDRC is abiding by the health, safety, and physical distancing guidelines of the university, we have a strict maximum capacity for our testing rooms.
- Even if you schedule your exams five (5) business days in advance, we may not be able to test you if we are at capacity. We are asking professors to be flexible with testing dates and times because of this.
- Students and proctoring staff are required to wear face coverings while in the proctoring rooms.
Although decisions regarding accommodations are made on a case by case basis, review
some of the accommodations that are most often provided.
Please speak with your professor about your registration with our office and your
accommodations before submitting requests. Professor consent is often required before
any accommodations are provided.
Faculty Notification Letter
- Purpose of request: Notifies professors of your registration with our office and of your approved accommodations.
- To complete this: Follow these instructions to request Faculty Notification Letters each semester.
Must be submitted five business days in advance of exam date.
For faculty/instructors: Sign into your AIM instructor account
- Purpose of request: Request that a test be taken with the SDRC in our proctoring room. Requests must be submitted at least 5 business days in advance.
- To complete this: Sign into your AIM account and select Alternative Testing in the left-hand toolbar.
Alternative Format Textbook
- Purpose of form: Request alternative format for your textbook. This will help ensure your books will be ordered in a timely manner.
- You will need: Book title, book edition, publisher, ISBN number and proof of purchase.
- To complete this: Sign into your AIM account and select Alternative Formats within the link menu. Watch our Alternative Format Accommodation instructional video (2:30 minutes) for additional assistance.
- Purpose of form: Request a note taker for one or more classes, if it is one of your approved accommodations.
- To complete this: Sign into your AIM account and select Notetaking Services within the link menu. Select Confirm Now for any course you wish to request a notetaker for.
- Purpose of form: Request a sign language interpreter and/or captioning for a UofSC activity.
- You will need: Activity name, the start date, end date, time and location of the event. You will
also need to let us know if you need interpreting or captioning for the event.
- Purpose of form: Used when there is not a wheelchair desk available in a classroom.
- You will need: Course number, building and room number.
- Purpose of form: A student who is approved for a reduced course load must complete the form for financial aid to recognize you as a full-time student with a lighter course load.
- It is recommended to submit the request for financial aid at the beginning of the semester.
- If you are taking a reduced course load of less than 12 hours, you will be required
to pay additional fees such as health, athletics or other non-academic fees as appropriate
in order to participate in these activities. The Bursar's Office provides additional
details about these optional fees.
- Purpose of form: Notify the USC Facilities department if there is an area on campus that makes it very difficult, or impossible, for you to reach your destination (such as a walkway through campus, entrance/exit area of a building, or elevator in a hallway) and there is no alternative route you can take.
A Note to Parents
You’ve been there for your student. Now “being there” means allowing and encouraging your student to manage his or her responsibilities, needs and disability. Only the most extreme circumstances, such as those that seriously threaten the health of the student, allow for direct parental or other family involvement.
Waiver to Share Information
Students can sign a waiver in our main office to share information with parents. However, even if the student has signed this waiver, the office may still only communicate with parents or other parties with the student present.