UofSC researchers now have access to Cayuse 424, a new system that makes it easier to create fully developed, compliant and accurate proposals for submission to federal sponsors. The Cayuse 424 Proposal Preparation system is designed to provide faculty and staff with a mechanism to streamline the proposal preparation process by storing and auto-populating institutional information, budgetary calculations, and professional profiles for key personnel. Real-time validation allows proposal preparers to correct proposals as they go to ensure successful submission on the first attempt.
Virtually, all Grants.gov funding opportunities are available through Cayuse 424. It also interfaces with and supports proposals using Research.gov and a variety of other federal proposal portals. Cayuse is UofSC’s preferred method for submitting most federal grant applications and will become mandatory within the next year. Researchers are encouraged to access Cayuse and learn its many advantages. SAM will provide training and front-line support for the system.
- Stores institution and personnel information for auto filling into the appropriate forms, which saves time and reduces errors.
- Provides full support for 98% of opportunities on Grants.gov.
- Has an easily accessible solution for present and future budget calculations.
- Supports Multi-project proposals.
- Validates proposals against sponsoring agency mechanism guidelines and Grants.gov requirements.
- Can copy proposals for resubmission, reducing data entry.
- Has a transform function to transfer proposal information to a new proposal for a different opportunity.
- Stores documents relevant to the proposal, making file search and communication easy.
- Automatically integrates subaward budgets and personnel information with a prime proposal.
Most UofSC faculty will have a Cayuse 424 account pre-loaded in the system.
To log in:
- Access the Cayuse 424 system log-in screen.
- Enter your UofSC network username and password to log into the system. (This is the same username and password that you use to log into UofSC email and USCeRA.)
Note: If you are unable to log into Cayuse using the procedure above, please complete the Cayuse New User Account Request Form to have an account created.
- Cayuse User Guide (pdf)
- Cayuse Outgoing Subawards (pdf)
- Cayuse Incoming Subawards (pdf)
- Cayuse Support Page (You must log into Cayuse 424 to access support tools through this link.)
- NIH-specific tip: Take care when entering the PI Username / Credential to ensure it is correct. Entering an incorrect credential will cause an error that Cayuse cannot validate or detect for you (the system can only validate that the field has been completed, not that its contents are correct).
Contact Beth Herron with the Office of Research and Grant Development at BHerron@mailbox.sc.edu, to request hands-on training in Cayuse 424.