Skip to Content

University Registrar

Enrollment Certification Request

All students receiving veterans educational benefits should complete this form prior to each semester. This allows you to notify the Office of Veterans Services of your plans to utilize veterans benefits or to make changes to your semester hours.


Prior to completing this form, you should complete the following, if applicable:

  • Register for your classes
  • Complete any major or degree changes through your academic unit
  • If you have not previously, please provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility. For new students, we will only certify you for one semester without a copy on file.
  • If you have recently applied for your education benefit, you can submit a copy of the application confirmation and supplemntal documents in order for us to begin processing your request. See below.   
  • Chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment users, you must provide an up-to-date 1905 approval form from your case manager.


Fall 2019 ECR


Please complete for the appropriate term(s) once you have finalized your registration.


If you need to submit a prior term request, please send us an email.

The following agreement will be presented to you on the Enrollment Certification Request form. If for some reason you change your schedule after you have submitted this request, please be sure to email our office so that we can update your information with the VA.

In order to ensure expedient certification, I permit the Office of Veteran Services to automatically generate a class schedule and bill on my behalf to certify my benefits after the submission of the Enrollment Certification Request.

If I change the number of hours in which I wish to enroll, I understand it is my responsibility to notify the USC Office of Veterans Services.


  • Copy of your application confirmation.
  • DD214 for servicemembers.
  • For depdents using a transferred benefit, you can provide documentation from your sponsor parent's account indicating the months of transferred benefit. 
  • Copy of your application confirmation.
  • Copy of your parent's notice of their dissability rating indicating their depdents are now eligbile under this program.
  • Copy of your application confirmation.
  • Copy of your DD214
  • Copy of your application confirmation.
  • Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) .

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at