$20,000+ grand prize to support the winning project!
THE CHALLENGE: Help distinguish the University of South Carolina by designing a buzz-worthy physical space that fosters creative collaboration and uncommon exploration.
The Great Gamecock Design Challenge is an immersive, problem-solving experience where interdisciplinary teams collaborate to invent the extraordinary. Using human-centered design thinking, participants are challenged to question fundamental assumptions, arriving at innovative solutions that help our university thrive. Learn a powerful, transferrable approach to creative problem solving, while reimagining our university!
Top 5 reasons to participate in The Great Gamecock Design Challenge:
- Compete for a grand prize of at least $20,000, propelling the winning project
- Reshape our community, reimagine our university
- Build relationships with amazing people from across campus
- Learn a powerful approach to creative, collaborative problem solving, applicable to teaching, research, service, and life
- Experience immense value, though the cost to you is FREE
The Great Gamecock Design Challenge is one of two interlocking May 2018 events that kicks of USCreativity, a yearlong showcase of creative and innovative activity from across our campus and community.
When: May 16-17, 2018; 8:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Who: Nominated faculty/staff/students representing a diversity of areas
Cost: Free to accepted participants
Apply: Please apply ASAP; we are currently filling the last few slots
with the goal of completing our diverse participant mosaic
Acceptance: Applicants will be notified within a weekend about acceptance status