Partner requests are open!
The deadline for partner requests is April 13, 2018. After this date, we cannot guarantee you will be featured in the Garnet Guide. Please fill out the Student Organization Partner Request Form to become a partner.
Increase name recognition for your organization and cultivate awareness of your programs and services. All ads must be provided by your organization and abide by ONSO design elements.
Cocky Level ($100)
Logo and name placed in the Garnet Guide
Gamecock Level ($250)
Half-page ad in the Garnet Guide, distributed to all new students and parents
Spur Level ($500)
Full-page ad in the Garnet Guide, distributed to all new students and parents
The Garnet Guide is distributed to all new students at Orientation. It is a combination of resources and services relevant to a student’s first year at the University of South Carolina. Partners can run an ad in the publication, in an assortment of size options.
Orientation advertisements will be for students admitted Summer 2018, Fall 2018 and Spring 2019. Please consider this when designing an advertisement for your business or organization.
Make your ad answer these three primary questions:
- Who are you?
- What can you do to support a new student and their family in the first year?
- How can they connect with you?
- Use website addresses for in-depth information.
- Use real photos and avoid clip art or irrelevant animations.
- Avoid text-heavy ads. Try to think about the things new students will care about most.
- Don’t provide specific dates. These guides will be distributed to students who are admitted for the Summer 2018, Fall 2018, and Spring 2019 academic terms.
File Format and Printing
- Submissions must be print-ready and will only be accepted electronically in PDF format with a minimum 300dpi resolution.
- We will not insert loose-leaf papers inside the Garnet Guide.
- All information is printed in color on white paper.
Half-page ad: 7.5" x 5"
Full-page ad: 7.5" x 10"
All submissions must be received by March 25 and are subject to review and the discretion of the Office of New Student Orientation staff.
If files are not in the proper format, we cannot guarantee clarity and resolution. No other formats will be accepted.
In order to reduce errors and increase consistency from page to page, we ask that you submit your advertisement via email attachment to email@example.com.