At Orientation You Will:
- Connect with UofSC faculty and staff and get to know some of your peers
- Learn about living at the University of South Carolina
- Get acquainted with our campus policies and procedures
- Be equipped with a list of resources to help you succeed
- Learn about your academic program's curriculum and degree requirements
- Attend a virtual academic advising session and register for classes
What You Should Know
There are four components of New Student Orientation. They are:
- Register for and attend your New Student Orientation session. Visit sc.edu/orientation, select “Find My Orientation” and follow the instructions provided. Upon accessing the registration system, you will be able to select your session. The dates shown to you will be based on availability, your college, and/or any programs you may be participating in.
- Complete the online Pre-Orientation Advising Modules and Worksheet. The Pre-Orientation Advising worksheet will prepare you for academic advising during your session. You MUST complete this worksheet before attending Orientation. Visit sc.edu/advising and click on “Advising Checklist” to learn more about advisement sessions.
- Attend your Advising and Registration Appointment. You will receive information regarding your advising and registration appointment.
- Attend a virtual Resource Fair . This virtual resource fair is designed to connect you with campus resources and offices. This a great time to ask questions! Further information will be sent to your student email in early December.
Spring Orientation is a one-day program. You should plan to be available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Advising and Registration
Make sure to complete you advising worksheet. Students will meet virtually with an advisor that corresponds with their major during Orientation to help them plan their class schedule and register for classes.
Families and guests are encouraged to help their student review degree requirements prior to their session. However, only students attend advising sessions during Orientation.