At Orientation You Will:
- Connect with UofSC faculty and staff and get to know some of your peers
- Learn about living at the University of South Carolina
- Get acquainted with our campus policies and procedures
- Be equipped with a list of resources to help you succeed
- Learn about your academic program's curriculum and degree requirements
- Attend a virtual academic advising session and register for classes
What You Should Know
COVID-19 Health and Safety during New Student Orientation
Face coverings are required at all times inside all campus buildings, unless you are in your own residence hall room, private office or you are eating inside campus dining facilities. Visit the Current COVID-19 Guidelines page to learn more.
Our mitigation strategy for COVID-19 is in a dynamic situation, and we will continue to monitor the variants of the virus and the rate of vaccine uptake in our state. All of our decisions are informed by CDC and SCDHEC guidance, input from our university public health experts, and federal and state laws.
Fall Orientation is a two-day program. You should plan to be available from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on day one and 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on day two.
Advising and Registration
Make sure to complete you advising worksheet. Students will meet virtually with an advisor that corresponds with their major to help them plan their class schedule and register for classes.
Parents and guests are encouraged to help their student review degree requirements prior to their Orientation; however, only students attend advising sessions during Orientation.