Incoming students and their families are invited to help us make a positive impact on our community by donating nonperishable goods to local organizations during New Student Orientation.
This year, we hope to exceed our goal to collect more than 8,000 donations to benefit Gamecock Pantry and Harvest Hope.
At the Gamecock Pantry, our mission is to provide access to food and toiletries in a free and confidential way to members of the Carolina community while creating awareness about food insecurity. Any current student with a valid CarolinaCard can access the Gamecock Pantry. Once registered, students can receive up to 15 food items per week, which will be available for pick-up during operation hours.
We encourage all of our incoming freshman and transfer families, if able, to donate at least one item.
Giving to Gamecock Pantry
There are three ways to give to the Gamecock Pantry:
- At Orientation: If you are attending an in-person Orientation, simply bring your donation to check-in.
- Amazon Wish List: To give remotely, you can check out the Gamecock Pantry’s Amazon Wish List and those items will be sent directly to Campus.
- In Person: If you are near the Columbia area, you can drop donations off at the Leadership and Service Center in the Russell House University Union or at the Gamecock Pantry in McBrydeduringopen hours.
- By Mail: You can also mail donations to Gamecock Pantry at Leadership and Service Center Suite 227, 1400 Greene Street, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Nut Butters
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Chicken or Tuna
- Soups (especially vegetarian options)
- Snacks such as chips, cookies, etc.
- Dry and canned beans
- Non-refrigerated milk
- Pasta Sauce
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Sauces, seasonings, and salad dressing