How to Apply
- Non-degree students can learn more about undergraduate level admission here.
- To apply for undergraduate admission to the University, set up an account first.
- Keep in mind that non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Once accepted, you will receive an acceptance email from Undergraduate Admissions with a detailed to-do list and an assigned VIP ID.
- On your list, you will be instructed on how to complete your proof of state residency,
citizenship verification, and immunization paperwork. You will also be instructed
on how to access Self Service Carolina, how to set up your email account, and how
to complete multifactor authentication. For assistance, please reach out to these
Citizenship verification and proof of state residency, (803) 777-5555
Division of Information Technology
Multifactor authentication and email set-up, (803) 777-1800
Student Health Services
Immunization completion, (803) 777-3175
Application status updates, (803) 777-7700
- Before registering for classes, you will need to call or email On Your Time Initiatives at (803) 777-9850 or email@example.com for advisement. Our advisor will remove your advisement hold and check for other holds (citizenship, immunization, etc). Please include your USC or VIP in any emails or voicemails for prompt service.
- After advisement and all holds are removed, you can register for classes and pay tuition and fees in Self Service Carolina. Any questions about tuition and fees can be directed to the Bursar’s office at (803) 777-4233.
- May 7th for summer admission
- July 1st for fall admission
- November 1st for spring admission
Registering for Classes
Log in to my.sc.edu to register. You'll need your VIP ID and password.
Use our online Class Finder to find courses that fit your schedule. For courses specifically on weekends or in the evening, be sure to select that session in the search field.
Auditing a Class
You can ask to audit a course, where you attend classes without receiving a grade or completing any assignments or exams.
Complete the Audit Form
Fill out the audit form and return to:
Office of the University Registrar
1244 Blossom St.
Columbia, SC 29208
Asking For An Override
Only the professor and department offering the course can offer an override for you to join a closed course or courses requiring special permission. If you need help contacting the department for your course, please let us know.