Computer Applications in Hospitality, Retail, and Sport Management
SPTE 274 is all about Microsoft Excel! In this 3-credit course, students will learn viable Excel skills that will help them be prepared for higher level courses, practica, internships and the business world. As students proceed through the asynchronous course, they are provided with an introduction to Excel as no Excel experience is needed and there are no pre-requisites for this course. Students then learn specific Excel formulas and functions and then continue to grow their Excel skills as they work toward understanding the following: Basic Charts, Tables, PivotCharts, What-If Analysis, Specialized Functions, Statistical Functions and more. Get ready to learn all you can about Excel!
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Correctly use computer terminology related to Microsoft Excel;
- Efficiently prepare Excel spreadsheets;
- Integrate Excel components with each other;
- Perform quantitative analysis; and
- Create effective presentation tutorials pertaining to Excel.