Introduction to Live Entertainment Management
This course is designed to enable you to identify the major business segments of the
live entertainment industry and the types of careers available in that industry.
You will be able to explain how the various segments are structured and how they operate,
and you will learn about management principles and organizational structures of key
sections in the live entertainment industry. The course is designed to introduce
you to various forms of live entertainment, such as concerts, family shows, and performing
arts. You will study the business organization of live concert tours, music festivals,
family shows, and ticketing. At the end of the course, you should be able to explain
the industry and its business operations, ranging from promoters, to presenters, and
Download the course syllabus for full details about expectations, readings, assignments and more.
After passing SPTE 202, all students should be able to:
- Explain the nature of the live entertainment industry and its importance in our society
- Identify the major segments of the live entertainment industry and be able to explain how each operates
- Identify and describe the key functions and roles in the live entertainment industry
- Identify key companies and individuals involved in the live entertainment industry today
- Identify, explain, and describe the possible career paths available in the live entertainment industry.