Computer Information Systems in Business
Computer Information Systems in Business is designed for students to develop a strong foundation and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel as a tool in business communications, analysis and decision making. Students learn how to develop spreadsheets and databases through the use of Microsoft Office 2016. This course satisfies the computer literacy requirement.
Download the course syllabus for full details about expectations, readings, assignments and more.
- Create and format a Microsoft Excel workbook
- Demonstrate ability to build and edit formulas and functions
- Define the use of Excel references in formulas
- Create charts and graphics
- Create and edit PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Create advanced formulas and functions
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple worksheets
- Explore advanced techniques such as financial and what-if analysis
- Introduction to relational database management system through use of Microsoft Access
- Explain the meaning of terms used to describe common techniques and concepts in Excel and Access applications