Personnel Organization and Supervision
Introduction into recruitment, selection, utilization, and development of human resources; the role of supervisors in management; and personnel administration.
Download the course syllabus for full details about expectations, readings, assignments and more.
By the completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Describe trends in the labor market and how they affect human resource management in specific regards to employee benefits.
- Analyze employment laws and how they relate to the employee/employer relationship as well as the necessity of a diverse workforce.
- Assess the elements of job analysis as pertain to recruitment and selection process.
- Identify the methods organizations use for employee development and effective training program.
- Describe how organizations design pay structure based on employee performance evaluation and labor market data.
- Define unions and their role in organizations regarding collective bargaining agreements