Registration Deadline: April 16, 2019
The Institute on Sophomore Student Success will allow attendees the opportunity to examine trends and practices connected to building a comprehensive and intentional approach to ensure the success of sophomore students. Individual sessions are designed to build on one another so that participants leave with a personalized action plan for use on their home campuses. Institute faculty will employ group work, problem solving, case studies, discussion, and other active strategies to engage participants in learning.
- Defining the sophomore-year experience
- Understanding sophomore student needs and the factors that contribute to second-year success
- A comprehensive institutional approach to sophomore success, including curricular and cocurricular initiatives
- Strategizing to gain institutional support for sophomore programs
- Defining the role of faculty in sophomore student success
- Assessing second-year programs
Institute Faculty to Include
- Dallin George Young, National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition, University of South Carolina
- Molly Schaller, University of Dayton
- Laurie Schreiner, Azusa Pacific University
- Rebecca McQueen, Kentucky Wesleyan College
If you have any questions about the content or organization of this event, please contact the Conferences staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations on or before April 16, 2019 will have the registration fee refunded less a $100 administrative fee. A written request for refunds is required. Absolutely no refunds will be made after April 16, 2019. Please email your written request to email@example.com. In order to guarantee your registration to the Institute, your fee payment must be in our office no later than April 16, 2019.