Registration is closed.
Registration Deadline: September 15, 2022
When: October 1-2, 2022 | 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Registration Fee: $450
The 2-Day workshop on Sophomore Student Success will allow attendees the opportunity to examine trends and practices connected to building a comprehensive and intentional approach to ensure the success of sophomore students. Individual sessions are designed to build on one another so that participants leave with a personalized action plan for use on their home campuses. Workshop faculty will employ group work, problem solving, case studies, discussion, and other active strategies to engage participants in learning.
- Defining the sophomore-year experience
- Understanding sophomore student needs and the factors that contribute to second-year success
- A comprehensive institutional approach to sophomore success, including curricular and cocurricular initiatives
- Strategizing to gain institutional support for sophomore programs
- Defining the role of faculty in sophomore student success
- Assessing second-year programs
- Rebecca McQueen-Ruark, Vice President of Student Affairs – Kentucky Wesleyan College
- Molly Schaller, Program Director and Associate Professor of Higher Education – Saint Louis University
- Laurie Schreiner, Chair and Professor of Higher Education – Azusa Pacific University
- Dallin Young, Assistant Professor in College Student Affairs Administration and Student Affairs Leadership – University of Georgia