Have a question or need help with HCM? You can reach out to one of the expert sources listed on the support page – or submit your inquiry or request through the DoIT Service Portal following the steps below.
1. Go to the DoIT Service Portal.
2. Type “HCM” in the “How can we help you?” box.
3. In the results from your search on "HCM," click on this selection to pull up an online request form.
4. Complete the online form:
- Under "Options," select Inquiry/Help.
- Under “My Request Concerns,” select Payroll, Benefits, Human Resources, Reporting, or Other.
- In the "How can we help you" box, describe your inquiry or request for help. Be specific and detailed.
- Change the “Preferred Contact Number,” if you prefer a different one.
- Click the “Order Now” button to submit your inquiry or request for help.
5. You will receive an email confirming that your inquiry/request has been received – and providing a service ticket number. (See the example on the right.) The email will include a link that you can use to check the status of your service request, and to provide additional information and ask questions as the request is being processed.
6. When you click on the link to check the status of your request, you will open a status screen. An example is shown on the right.
The left-hand column will show status updates written by the person who is working on your request – giving you a real-time update on where your request stands right now. These are listed in order, with the most recent update at the top.
The next column shows any and all messages that you submit as the request is being processed, along with the original notice (bottom right) confirming that the service request/ticket was created and approved.
You can send messages at any time by typing in the text box at the top. When you do, your message will post at the top of the column, and your Service Desk contact will see it. You can upload attachments by clicking on the paperclip icon (top) or the blue Attachments button (bottom right).
This screen is the fastest way to track status and to communicate with the person who is working on your request. Avoid submitting a second ticket for the same reason, as this will confuse and slow the process.
7. When your inquiry has been answered or the problem is resolved, you will receive a concluding email. The first line will display the ticket/item number, followed by the "opened" and "closed" dates and all comments sent back and forth while the service request was being processed.