This supervisory certificate program is optional and consists of seven core courses and six hours of elective courses. There are a total of 28.5 classroom hours that should be completed within three years. Some LEAD 2 courses may have costs associated with them.
The core curriculum for LEAD 2 includes the following seven courses that must be taken with six additional hours of electives:
- Communication Skills for Managers (3 classroom hours)
- Generational Differences in the Workplace (3.5 classroom hours)
- Conflict Resolution Skills (3.5 classroom hours)
- Team Management (3.5 classroom hours)
- Cross Cultural Communications (3 classroom hours)
- Writing Effective Position Descriptions (3 classroom hours)
- Effective Delegation (3 classroom hours)
In addition to the core curriculum above, all LEAD 2 participants must complete at least six hours of additional elective courses from the list below:
- Presenting for Results – Parts I & II (8 classroom hours)
- Managing Student Employees (3 classroom hours)
- Training and Developing Employees (3 classroom hours)
- Motivation in the Workplace (3 classroom hours)
- Developing Performance Metrics (3 classroom hours)
- Team Management – Part II (3.5 classroom hours)
- Lean Process Improvement Basics (3 classroom hours)
- Difficult Conversations (3.5 classroom hours)
This course replaces the Coaching for Improved Performance - Part II course.
Difficult conversations are anything that someone does not want to talk about, such as asking for a raise or complaining to a co-worker about his annoying interrupting behavior. Face your fears of conflict and reduce your anxiety about the tough discussions you know you need to have with others.
Certificate of Completion
Participants in LEAD 2 are expected to direct and manage their own progress toward their certificate. You can monitor your progress by logging in and viewing your training records. Use the Certificate of Completion Checklist [pdf] to help keep track of your progress. Once you have fulfilled the requirements of the program, a certificate of completion will be sent to you in a few weeks.
How to Register
Register by going to the Organizational and Professional Development training calendar and searching for the class you want to attend. For more details, review “How to Register for a Course” by visiting the Training Classes page of our site.
Please remember, employees should always obtain supervisory approval to attend training courses offered through Organizational and Professional Development.