The following checklists are provided for HR Contacts in academic and administrative units to use in preparing hiring documents for different categories of employment. If you need help navigating through the entire hiring process, please refer to our step by step guide to hiring [pdf] or our next steps guide [pdf].
Each PDF file is a checklist for actions that must be taken and forms that must be submitted to properly hire an individual into the position indicated. These Adobe Acrobat forms allow certain information to be completed online prior to printing the form. The form can then be attached to the appropriate hiring paperwork for submission to the Salary Administration Office, indicating that all required steps to complete the hiring process have been followed.
The checklists below contain links to the required forms:
- Full-Time Equivalent, Research Grant, Time-Limited and Temporary Positions Checklist [pdf] – If you are hiring a temporary employee who needs help making their retirement selections, please refer to the Retirement Program Guidelines for Temporary Employees [pdf].
- Dual Employment Checklist [pdf]
- Post-TERI or Post-Retirement Positions Checklist [pdf] – If you are hiring an employee who is a member of the SCPEBA Retirement System, please refer to the PEBA website for a list of rules and guidelines to consider.
- Special Contract Positions Checklist [pdf]
If you have questions about the checklist or any of the steps indicated for hiring of the various positions listed, please contact the Salary Administration Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 803-777-3111.
Disposing of Applicants
Before any hiring paperwork can be processed, the hiring manager must electronically dispose of all remaining applicants in the USC Jobs system.
- Change the status of all applicants not selected for an interview to “Not Hired”, Reason “Not Selected for an Interview.”
- Change the status of all interviewed applicants to “Interviewed” and provide the date of the interview. Then change the status of interviewees not hired to “Not Hired” along with the reason. Reasons must be based upon the position requirements and the qualifications of the candidate.
- Change status of the applicant selected for the position to “Offered.”
If you have any questions about disposing of applicants in the USC Jobs system, please contact the Recruitment and Employment Office by emailing email@example.com or calling 803-777-3821.