Join the Leadership of South Carolina's Flagship University
Reporting to the President of the University of South Carolina, the Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (VP for DE&I) leads and oversees a comprehensive plan to enhance and build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community for students, faculty, staff and visitors on the Columbia campus. The Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion works closely with university students, faculty, and staff to create and sustain an inclusive learning, living, and working environment where all members of the university community feel welcomed, valued, and supported.
Desired attributes of candidates include:
- Record of engagement with national organizations in diversity and inclusion in higher education.
- Clear understanding of the need to serve all constituencies on campus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability and desire to coach and develop other professionals.
- Excellent consultation and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of laws requiring equal opportunity and affirmative action and prohibiting unlawful discrimination and harassment.
- Values that are embodied in the Carolinian Creed and skills necessary to fulfill the university’s strategic priorities.
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.