Residence Life Coordinator
Lexi Wieringa is excited to serve as the Residence Life Coordinator of Preston Residential College. Lexi is originally from Grand Rapids, Michigan. Although she loves Michigan, she adjusted very quickly to the mild South Carolina “winters.” She completed both her B.S. in Marketing and her M.A. in Higher Education and Student Affairs at Northern Michigan University where she also served as a Resident Director for two years.
In her spare time, Lexi enjoys camping, running, mountain biking, rock climbing, hiking, scuba diving, and anything that involves the outdoors. When back in Michigan, she can also be found snowboarding or cross country skiing. If you ever find yourself needing ideas on where to hike, bike, camp, or explore, she can definitely help you out. Lexi also has a cat named Finn.
Lexi Wieringa's responsibilities:
- Overall supervision of residents and physical structure
- Address facilities issues regarding resident rooms and common spaces
- Supervise Resident Mentors
- Lead the Community Education Team (CET)
- Advise Preston Government
- Coordinate application processes for residency