Trucks, Trailers & Luggage Carriers
USCPD and University Housing remind everyone that no oversized trucks, trailers or car topped carriers are allowed on Move-In Days. Vehicles that cannot fit into one parking space in a parking garage will not be allowed close to residence halls.
Move In Tips
- Keep in mind, that you will (most likely) be sharing a room with someone else, so think small! All residents are encouraged to contact their roommates prior to arriving for Move-In.
- Space in residence halls is very limited. We suggest packing lightly and picking up
additional items once you are on-campus.
Label all of your belongings with your name, building, room number, and phone number.
- Fold hanging clothes and bring hangers separately. Clothes already on hangers do not travel well, especially on our move-in carts.
- With only one parking tag for Move-in we encourage you to shop for groceries and supplies
once you arrive. They take up space in vehicals and it allows you and your roommate
to coordinate who is purchasing what items.
It's South Carolina, you may want to wait to bring winter clothes until later in the semester.
- Pack belongings into easily transportable containers (suitcases, moving boxes, etc.)
Packing & Labeling Items
Students should label all boxes and or tote bins with their name, building and room number prior to arriving on campus. This assists with locating anyone in the case of a lost item being brought to a desk.