Drop & Go Dates
If you elect to participate in Drop & Go, you will be directed to select a time slot. Dates for Drop & Go are August 8, 9, 11, and 12 (650 Lincoln Drop & Go will only be available August 8, 9 & 11). Timeslots will fill up quickly, so please be patient with us if your desired time or day is unavailable.
How it Works
- Visit the key pick up location at Honors Residence Hall at your key pick up time.
- Then you will have only one hour to visit your building, drop your items, and go!
(No decorating or setting up the space is allowed during this time frame.)
- Your residence hall building will be closed/locked during this time, so you must have your Carolina Card before arriving to campus to key in. If you do not have your Carolina Card, please visit campus before August 8 to get your card from the Carolina Card office. For more information, please visit sc.edu/CarolinaCard. You must show your ID card to get your room key at Honors Residence Hall key pick up.
- Place your items on your bed or on top of furniture as staff may still be making final touches to your living spaces. You will not have time to set up your room and absolutely no one is allowed to stay overnight.
- When you’re done dropping your items and it’s time to go, keep your key. We will see you on the Move-In day of your choice. It is advised that you arrive later in the day to avoid congested traffic areas from normal Move-In traffic.
*Please note that students participating in early arrival on Wednesday, August 10 are not able to participate in Drop & Go activities.
1. Bring your own carts and handtrucks. University Housing will not be providing carts
during this time.
2. Bring a tape measure! If you want to take this time to get some last-minute measurements, feel free to do so.
3. DO NOT BRING any perishable items or goods.
4. Please note that during this time, we will not have allocated parking. If you park at a city or campus meter, you will be responsible for feeding it.