Mandatory COVID-19 Testing
For the safety of all of our students, those moving into on-campus housing (This includes all on-campus housing including 650 Lincoln, Younion, Green Crossing, Park Place, and Greek Village) must show proof of COVID-19 testing and clearance from Student Health Services prior to move-in.
Prior to day of arrival, students must upload proof of their COVID-19 testing results to the Student Health Center’s My Health Space portal. Testing information upload should include one of the following:
- Proof of prior COVID-19 infection;
- Proof of presence of COVID-19 antibodies;
- Proof of negative COVID-19 test results which was taken within 10 days of your scheduled move in day.
Example: Move In day is August 16. You must test no earlier than August 6 and submit results to your My Health Space portal before arriving for Move In. If your result is delayed you should delay your move in until your results can be uploaded.
If you are experiencing difficulties due to test requirements or state guidelines within the 10-day window the University is now allowing for a 14-day window for testing and results to ensure a timely move in.
If you cannot upload this information prior to move-in, on-campus testing will be available. However, you will be required to self-quarantine at a non-university facility at your own expense until test results are available, therefore we strongly advise you test in advance. If you are awaiting a test result please delay your arrival/move in until you are able to upload your results.
Test sites are available in your home community. For South Carolina residents, the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control test sites can be accessed through their website. Non-South Carolina residents can access testing one of the following ways:
- Check availability through their home state or community’s health department.
- The federal government also has partnered with a number of national retail pharmacy chains to offer no-cost COVID-19 testing throughout the country. To see a listing of testing sites available in your state, visit the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services website.
- Check with your personal health care provider may also direct you to testing resources.
- Mail-in tests are available via LabCorp and Quest.
Providing test results through Student Health Services’ secure portal is easy and only takes a few minutes. To send test results, log into My Health Space and attach a photo or pdf of your results in the Messages Tab. Please select I want to send my COVID-19 Test Results. Please click add attachment and upload the COVID-19 test results. Proof of testing will be communicated to Student Health Services and University Housing to confirm residents are cleared for Move In.
Residents will not be allowed to move into a University Housing residence hall (or Greek Village) without having completed the mandatory testing for COVID-19. To expedite the move-in process, you are strongly encouraged to complete this required testing and upload your documents prior to arriving on campus for move in.