Reserving a Guest Apartment
Ask your sponsoring academic unit to make a reservation. Apartments are filled on a first come, first served basis. To make a reservation request, email Lisa Hartig (email@example.com).
Who can stay in the guest apartments?
International visitors who are coming to contribute to the intellectual and cultural life at Maxcy can stay in one of our guest apartments for $75 per night. Invited guests include:
- Visiting faculty on short-term appointments
- Guest speakers
- Keynote speakers for academic conferences
- Visiting scholars who have been granted an academic courtesy by a unit of the university
Guests should be sponsored by an academic or professional unit of the University of
South Carolina. Ask your academic sponsor to make your apartment reservation by contacting
Lisa Hartig (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interaction With Maxcy Students
To stay in a guest apartment, you should plan to interact and engage with our students. You can do this in several ways:
- Interact with international guests or international-studies scholars.
- Discuss important international issues with Maxcy students.
- Exchange views on important international issues with students.
- Communicate with guests and other students in a language other than English.
How long can I stay?
A minimum of three days and a maximum of one week.
A minimum of one month and a maximum of one semester.
About Guest Apartments
Each apartment includes one bedroom, one bathroom, a kitchenette and a living room area. Your room includes internet access, laundry facilities and linen service.
Maxy College is a 100 percent tobacco-free environment. We will charge a $250 cleaning fee to your sponsoring academic unit if you use tobacco products in the apartment or common spaces. Tobacco use is not allowed within 25 feet of any entrance to the building, or in any part of the courtyard.