Going Garnet, Choosing Green
Housing Application Tips For New Students
The Housing application is open from February 15 until May 15, which allows plenty of time to complete the Housing application. Be sure to take your time and be thoughtful in your answers to the supplemental application questions. These questions are reviewed by the Faculty Principal and determine which students are selected into Green Quad.
- Why do you want to join Green Quad? Please reference leadership skills, personal/professional goals, interests, and/or skills you wish to develop.
- If accepted, how do you plan to participate and contribute to this Faculty-Led Community?
- Why is Sustainability important to you?
Community assignments are made on a rolling basis. Once you have been accepted to Green Quad learning community, you will have the opportunity in June to select your room via the online room selection process.
Want to know more about the complete housing application? Discover more on our applying to University Housing page.
Students in this community have access to opportunities that will improve their experience at Carolina and prepare them for their careers after graduation.
- The Green Quad building is surrounded by green spaces, including our garden and Rocky Branch Creek.
- Take advantage of one-on-one career coaching to help you on campus and after graduation.
- Participate in sustainably focused field trips and service events, including work in our garden and clean up in the creek behind the Green Quad.
Apartment-style living for students who are passionate about saving the environment and living the Green Life. Located centrally between the Blatt PE Center and the Strom Thurmond Wellness Center, the Green Quad Learning Community is a great place to call Home!
Applying to Join This Community
Incoming Students: Submit your housing application, available on the housing portal via my.sc.edu on December 15, 2022, and follow instructions to apply for a living and learning
Continuing Students: Information about sign-up for Fall 2022 is now available.