About Our Department
We strongly believe that all of our staff members should be educators and innovators. Student development is our goal for every decision we make, focusing on three educational priorities: academic progress, awareness of self and awareness of others.
Residence Life professionals at Carolina commit to three years of development and work inside our residence halls. This time helps them get familiar with the campus community and gives them opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
You'll collaborate with faculty, staff and students, plus participate in conferences and host colleagues across the country. That's all in addition to our competitive benefits package.
- Health Care Plans: State Savings Plan, State Standard Plan, BlueChoice Health Plan HMO, CIGNA HMO or Medicare Supplemental Plan.
- State Dental and Visions Plans
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Care/Disability
Professional staff can enroll in one three-hour course per academic term for no charge.
- Be in your position for at least six months.
- Work 30 hours per week or more.
- Supervisor approval required.
- Go through the admissions process to be accepted to the university.
- SC Retirement System
- State Optional Retirement
You will live in a private apartment with 1 or 2 bedrooms, plus a living room and kitchen.
- Washer and Dryer
- Cable and High-Speed Internet
- Local Telephone
- Electricity and Water Included
- Pet-Friendly (with a small deposit and approval from supervisor)
You'll Also Get...
- Free parking near your residence hall
- Free access to the Blatt PE Center
- The opportunity to teach University 101
- Professional development opportunities