Sport and Entertainment Marketing
This course provides students with an overview of the rapidly developing sport and entertainment industry from a strategic marketing perspective. There are two primary themes: events as a medium and events as a product. The former views events as a vehicle to promote a product, service, or organization. It explains how non-sport and entertainment businesses can benefit from using the industry as part of their marketing and communications agenda. The latter theme focuses on the use of marketing principles and theories to promote sport and entertainment-related products. Students will become familiar with existing marketing concepts and will develop skills to apply this knowledge to the unique environment of this industry.
Students will be able to:
- Understand the nature of the sport and entertainment industry and the marketing mix
- Explain the core marketing concepts and apply this business framework to the sport and entertainment industry
- Identify the various problems, issues, and challenges within the field of sport and entertainment marketing
- Apply knowledge in developing marketing strategy and a viable marketing plan
- Recognize the range of career opportunities that exist within the sport and entertainment industry