The basic fundamentals of human nutrition will be covered and the practical application of this knowledge in the selection of adequate diets to the population in question. The class is meant to bridge basic, foundational ideas of nutrition with meal and menu planning in the hospitality industry.
- Apply a knowledge base of the scientific concepts of human nutrition.
- Demonstrate proper nutrition awareness in food shopping, costing, diet planning, meal planning, and preparation.
- Evaluate nutrition claims and separate fact from fiction.
- Apply practical nutrition knowledge to ones personal and professional life.
- Recognize how the body uses and stores the nutrients it needs.
- Plan diets for achievement of optimum health, weight, and peak performance.