Skip to Content

Financial Aid and Scholarships

Financial Aid and Fee Payment

Fees are generally assessed in mid-July. It is your responsibility to ensure that all requirements for financial aid are completed so that aid can be used to finalize your enrollment by the fee payment deadline.

Title IV Authorization

Recipients of federal financial aid must complete a Title IV Fee Authorization. This authorization allows federal financial aid to be applied to charges on the student’s bill other than tuition, housing and meal plans. The Title IV Fee Authorization gives the university permission to use up to $200 of your financial aid to cover prior year non-institutional charges. For example, students with health fee or parking permit charges on their account have the ability to use financial aid to cover these expenses if an authorization is on record.



Refunds are issued to students if there is additional financial aid remaining after all university fees have been paid. The excess aid is distributed by check or through direct deposit to the student by the Bursar’s Office. If you are expecting a refund from a Parent PLUS loan, the refund will go to the parent unless specified on the Parent PLUS application. If the address for the parent is incorrect, please submit a signed, written statement to our office to the attention of the PLUS program coordinator with the student’s name and ID and the correct address. If the student’s address is incorrect, you may make the change on SSC.